Our next Central Texas Circle meeting is this Saturday!
Saturday, January 10 at 10 am
Texas Art League
509 East Davis St. Luling, TX 78648
Click here for an interactive Google map/directions
Connie Akers will be leading us in a monoprinting workshop this month! If you aren't familiar with monoprinting, do a search on You Tube for "monoprinting" or "gelli printing" for all kinds of fun videos to introduce you to this simple and SUPER FUN surface design technique.
Here are items you should bring with you:
- Gelli Plate™ if you have one. You do not need to buy a gelli plate if you don't have one, we will have some extras to share. They are available at gelliarts.com or amazon.com if you would like to purchase one. If you want to try your hand a making your own gelli plate before investing in one, Linda Germain has instructions for making your own here; the password for the site is "maketheplate". Please note the password is all one word, lowercase, and you do not include the quotation marks. I have not made a gelli plate myself, but understand from a few reliable sources that Linda's method makes a very useable and durable plate. I have purchased a Stampendous brand plate that Michael's, and I believe Hobby Lobby, carry. I was not happy with it at all and DO NOT recommend it.
- Acrylic Paints. Marie is bringing lots (LOTS!!!) of acrylic paints to share. If you have favorite brands or colors you like to work with, please bring them with you.
- Fabric to print on -- solid cottons, muslin, silk, whatever you want to play with -- fat quarter size or smaller. I believe the largest plate we will have on hand is 10"x12".
- Paper to print on (if you want). Plain printer/copier paper or cardstock is fine. We will also have a stash of deli paper on hand for you to use.
- Scrap paper (plain printer paper, newsprint, etc.) to clean your brayer on. This also gives you very interesting results and you'll be able to add it to your paper stash.
- Stencils, stamps and/or your favorite markmaking materials. Connie, Marie and I will also bring markmaking supplies to share.
DID YOU KNOW?
Our Central Texas Circle now has a Facebook page for members to communicate with each other! I will always send news and reminders via saqa.com email, but if you're a Facebook user "Like" our page at www.facebook.com/saqacentraltexas and posts to our page will showup in your newsfeed.
Do you have work in a show, have you recently won an award or received some other recognition? Do you know of a new store we all need to visit or have other news that you think the SAQA Texas members would be interest in? Send the info to me and I will post it our Facebook page and here on the Texas blog.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me at 512-736-2971 or via email at email@example.com.
Looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday!
SAQA Texas Co-Rep
Central Texas Circle on Facebook: www.facebook.com/saqacentraltexas
SAQA Texas Region Blog: saqa-texas.blogspot.com
SAQA Website: www.saqa.com